Property News & Views
Planning ahead for a smooth house move. —
02nd Nov 2018
Your moving home date is fast approaching. You're frantically packing boxes, sorting final bills and booking moving vans. But what else do you need to do and know about the place you're moving in to?
Here is a useful list of 10 last-ditch questions to ask the estate agent about the house you are buying and some practical moving day tips.
1. Where's the main stopcock (to shut off the water)?
2. Where is the gas and electricity meters?
3. Do any surfaces need special cleaning products, e.g. wooden floors or granite work surfaces?
4. What day are the bins collected?
5. Do you have any old tins of paint in the same colour as the walls?
6. Do you have any instruction manuals or warranties on electrical items?
7. Where did the kitchen and bathroom tiles come from?
8. Where did any fixed furniture come from, e.g. kitchen cabinets?
9. Which company supplies the energy, broadband and home phone?
10. Where is the thermostat?
It's a lot to remember, so why not write them down (or print off this guide) and take them with you so you don't forget?
One of the biggest factors that determines whether you have a less stressful moving day is getting your hands on the keys to your new house early in the day! Ask your solicitor to draw down any funds needed for completion the day before. For the sake of a days interest you will be pleased you did it.
Peter Scott Estate Agents are selling property in Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross, Chalfont St Giles and surrounding villages. For advice about moving home or a free valuation to get you started get in touch with us on 01753 201 232. We'd love to hear from you. Tips